Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesdays Wtih Dorie~ La Palette's Strawberry Tart



This should be called BEST, EASIEST TART EVER!!! What a perfect recipe to kick of summer with some fresh strawberries and a sweet crumbly crust!!
This weeks selection for TUESDAYS WITH DORIE comes to us from Marie of A YEAR FROM OAK COTTAGE, thanks for a fabulous selection Marie!!

If you have not visited Marie's blog, click the link above and go check it out! Visit often, you'll get totally addicted!! :)

I've been "away" for a bit, so before I get knee deep in tartiness, let me give a little blurb of catch up!
While I do have a slightly "consuming" job, that as I have mentioned, has nothing to do with baking, frying, glazing or whipping anything, I only have to travel for said job twice a year. Both of those trips, however, are a whole week long, and take almost two weeks of long hours and big tasks to prepare for. The good news is I have returned from the second of these two annual trips, just in time for summer, and ready to get back in the kitchen!!
On top of that fun time consumption, we are proud to announce the newest member of our family! This past Saturday we adopted AURTHUR an 18-20 month old red/tan weenie pup!! WELCOME TO OUR SWEET LIFE AURTHUR!! (I will do a separate, non-food-related, weenie post soon!)



AND, last but certainly not least, this post marks the first photos taken with my NEW CAMERA!! WOO HOO!!! Not that there was anything wrong with my old one, it was just time for a little upgrade and a few more mega pixels! Click HERE. to see the camera if you are interested...

WHEW- Now, onto the TART!



As I mentioned many words ago, this was super simple and VERY delicious!
For the recipe, you can visit Marie's blog or, as I always say, GO GET THIS BOOK.
CLICK HERE for a link to purchase Baking; From My Home to Yours by; Dorie Greenspan.

I actually recommended this book to several people I met on my business trip, because I have found it so much fun to bake from and know it will be a true "keeper" in our family for many years to come. AND the recipes are written out in a way that I've been able to follow them pretty well, which means so would most people :)

This tart consists of just a few very simple components;
1. A sweet tart crust (easy-peasy)
2. The best strawberry jam you can find (although I used preserves)
3. Fresh delicious strawberries

The rest is up to you! My husband said that he wanted to try it with pudding, so we made some mini-tarts. Also, I do not own an actual tart pan- so I used my 4 porcelain creme brulee dishes and made 4 little tarts! We did two as per the recipe (except for the preserves substitution) and the other two had a layer of banana pudding between the jamminess and the strawberries.



This is a "endless possibilities" recipe, no doubt!...Here's and update, this is a pick of Nate's tart with the pudding~

15 comments:

Gretchen Noelle said...

Glad to hear that life is settling down. Lovely tart!

Christine said...

Beautiful tart!

Carrie said...

The tart looks sooo good and what a cute dog! :)
Looking forward to your pick next week!
Carrie from Carrie's Kitchen Creations
http://bakersbakery.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful. Have fun with the new camera!

Karina said...

Your tarts look great, and thank you for pointing out that creme brulee dishes can substitute for mini tart pans. It seems very obvious now that you say it, but for some reason it hadn't occured to me before. And congrats on the new pup!

Engineer Baker said...

Arthur looks very happy to be part of the family :)

Nikki57 said...

Love your tarts, but your pup is super cute. I had a mini dachshund they're such adorable doggies

Nikki ♥ @ CrazyDeliciousFood

Dolores said...

Great job with this week's assignment. Can't wait to hear more about Arthur, and looking forward to trying YOUR choice for posting next week.

Linda said...

Your newest family member is so cute!

Beautiful tart...great job!

Heather B said...

cute pups! And a gorgeous tart! Great job!

ostwestwind said...

Simple and delicious, you are so right!
Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Zakia / Avenue Z Desserts said...

Beautiful Tart!

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

I love the lighting on the first picture! Looks delicious!
Shari@Whisk: a food blog

mokshaku said...

Organic foods have an authentic smell of true nature's foods. I love my organic foods like tomatoes, strawberries, etc. with purple. Wanted to share this, whenever I have strawberry tarts, with it I have this drink called purple. You must have heard about it since it's doing a lot of rounds in the celebrity circuit and is all over the news. Its tastes amazing with strawberries, try it and let me know if you liked it or not. It is a health drink which is made up of 7 fruits juice and is high on antioxidants and you know about antioxidants right? it prevents premature ageing, what else do growing women want huh, LOL!! If you want more information to check whether what I am saying is right you can get it at www.drinkpurple.com . You can get it at GNC and drug stores.

Jaime said...

beautiful tart! glad you'll be back in the kitchen more now...